Short of Funds? You Have Choices
When you are short of funds, you have many choices to help you at LAFCU. Speak with a LAFCU representative about which are right for you:
- Overdraft Transfer Service: You authorize us to make transfers of funds automatically from one account to cover overdrafts on another account.
- Line of Credit: This is a credit qualifying variable-rate revolving loan, which you can advance anytime through mobile or online banking, or use as overdraft protection on your accounts.
- Direct Deposit Advance: If you have Direct Deposit or Payroll Deduction, a maximum $500 can be deposited, for a fee, to your savings or checking account in advance of the deposit or deduction.
- DoubleCheck: If you have Non-Sufficient Funds (NSF) in your checking account to cover transactions, you’re sent an email or text alert giving you time to take action, for a fee, to rectify the situation before your payments are returned. This is available if you had already provided us your email and/or mobile phone number.
- Courtesy Pay: For a fee, on qualifying accounts we will pay an item up to your overdraft protection limit if your account has NSF.
- Loan Skip-a-Payment: Upon approval, for a fee, skip up to two payments on certain consumer loans every 12 consecutive months.
- Personal Unsecured Loan: Low, fixed rate, with monthly payments & terms up to 60 months. Use it to consolidate your monthly bills into a low-rate loan with one manageable monthly payment.
- Savings-Secured or Share Certificate-Secured Loan: Borrow against your own funds up to 100% of the balance (Savings), or 80% (Certificate).
- Connect Transaction Account: This paperless account gives you the flexibility to choose how you conduct your daily transactions. It’s a BankOn nationally-certified account, meaning it meets the standards for a safe, low cost, transaction account that is free from NSF fees.
If you need financial help, these services are available:
- Credit Counseling: “ClearPoint Credit Counseling Solutions” at (800) 750-2227.
- Step-by-Step Credit-Repair Program: We help you pay off or reduce current delinquencies with creditors to help you qualify for our loans.
- Temporary Financial Hardship Loan: This includes a repayment plan, reduced payments, modifications, deferments, forbearance plans, & an emergency loan.
- Loan Extension: Extend payments up to 3 months once during the life of the loan.