Online & Mobile Banking
With online banking, you can safely and securely access and manage your LAFCU accounts 24/7 from any device with Internet access. Download the Mobile app for APPLE or GOOGLE operating systems. Each app is called "Los Angeles Federal Credit Union" and our full name is on the icon:
• Click on Account name, click "Details" on right, under "Account Nickname" type new name, then click "Save."
• In the top menu bar (desktop), or on bottom menu tap More (mobile), then click “Open an Account.”
• Desktop: On upper right, click "Customize"…
• Mobile: On upper right, tap the 3-line slider icon…
Then click/tap 6 dots to right of Account Name you want to move, drag name to desired position, then click/tap Save.
• Desktop: On the top menu bar, click "View My Accounts”
• Mobile: On the bottom menu, tap “Accounts.”
When first accessing online banking, all Account names are visible.
”Subscription Alerts" can be customizable for Accounts, Cards & Bill Pay, and Security.
• Desktop: In the top menu bar click the 3 dots, then click "Alerts." Click on slider button to start process to set up an alert.
• Mobile: On the bottom menu, tap “More” then “Alerts.”
• Desktop: On the top menu bar, click "Pay My Bills.”
• Mobile: On the bottom menu, tap "Pay Bills.”
Contact Info changing (Personal Details, Address & Preferences):
• On the upper right of the menu bar (desktop) or top right side (mobile), click the circle (Profile image), then click "Profile." Under "Contact Information," make edits then click “Save Changes.” Select “Address” & “Preferences” to make other changes.
Customize Your View:
• Desktop: On upper right, click "Customize.” Temporarily hide a section by clicking on the orange slider button so it turns grey then click “Save.” To show a hidden section, click any grey slider button so it turns orange, then click “Save.”
• Mobile: On upper right, tap the 3-line slider icon then tap Dashboard. Temporarily hide a section by tapping on the left-side eye icon so it turns grey with a line through it, then tap “Save.” To show a hidden section, tap any grey eye icon so there’s no line through it, then click “Save.”
External Accounts Link:
• On bottom of Accounts list (desktop) or bottom of Accounts page (mobile), click "Connect a Financial Institution” to view account balances and transaction information from your non-LAFCU accounts.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
• In the Quick Links section on the Dashboard, click “FAQ,” enter a question, then click “Ask.”
Financial Health Checkup (Money Management from Yodlee):
• In the Dashboard, in "Financial Health Checkup” click the "Get Started" button.
• In the top menu bar click the 3 dots (desktop) or tap “More” on bottom menu (mobile), then click "Secure Forms.”
Home page (of online banking) return:
• On the upper left of the Dashboard (desktop) or top of screen (mobile), click/tap the LAFCU logo.
• On the top menu bar (desktop), or on bottom menu tap More (mobile), then click “Apply for a Loan.”
Login Security…Two Factor Authentication:
• Desktop: On the upper right of the menu bar, click the circle (Profile image), click “Security” then click “Two Factor Authentication” to set up “Google Authenticator.” This is a free software-based two-factor authentication (2FA) application. Once set up it allows you to generate a code on your mobile phone & use it instead of text message (SMS) or email for additional login authentication.
• Mobile: Click the circle (Profile image) and select Security. You can click a box to enable/disable two-factor authentication at every login. NOTE: Google Authenticator can only be set up from a desktop device.
• On the upper right of the menu bar (desktop) or upper right of screen (mobile), click the circle (Profile image) then click Logout.
Mailing Address changing (& add a temporary mailing address):
• On the upper right of the menu bar (desktop) or upper right of screen (mobile), click the circle (Profile image), then "Profile,” then "Address" on the next screen.
Member Support & LAFCU Hours:
• In the top menu bar click the phone icon (desktop) or on bottom menu tap More then scroll down (mobile). Click “hours” to view business hours.
• In the top menu bar (desktop) or top of screen (mobile), click the Envelope icon, then click "Create New Message."
More Features (Mobile Only):
Open an Account, Apply for a Loan, Stop Payment, Make a branch Appointment, Statements & Documents, Travel Notice, Alerts, Secure Forms, and Member Support.
• On bottom menu, tap "More.”
Mobile Check Deposit (Mobile Only):
• On bottom menu, tap "Deposit.”
• Sign up then use PayPal and Venmo. For help, on the Dashboard, click "Learn More" in the Person-to-Person Payments section.
Profile Photo…add to Desktop & Mobile:
• On the upper right of the menu bar (desktop) or upper right of screen (mobile), click the circle (Profile image), then click "Profile." Under "Profile Image," click "add photo" then browse to a jpg or png-format image.
Quick Links to important services:
• On the Dashboard, view the "Quick Links" section.
Relationship Rewards level:
• In the "Relationship Rewards" section on the Dashboard, click "View Your Rewards.”
• In the Dashboard, click the "Create a Savings Goal" button in the “Savings Goal” section, then follow the instructions. Multiple goals can be set up.
Search & Questions:
• Desktop: On the upper left of the Dashboard, type questions in the "What are you looking for" search field.
• Mobile: On bottom menu, tap “Search” then enter a question.
Spending Analysis (from "Yodlee”):
• “In "Spending Analysis" in the Dashboard, click "View More Details” then follow the instructions.
Spend Forecast (from "Yodlee”):
• In "Spending Forecast" in the Dashboard, click “View Detail” then follow the instructions.
Statements, Tax Forms & Notices:
Dor Savings, Checking & Loans, & Visa Credit Card in desktop & mobile.
• In the top menu bar click the 3 dots (desktop) or on bottom menu click More (mobile), then click "Documents & Statements.” Click the slider bar on the upper right to choose paper or online statements.
Stop Payment placing:
• In the top menu bar click the 3 dots (desktop) or on bottom menu tap More (mobile), then click "Stop Payment.”
Transfers Funds & Schedule Transfers:
• On the top menu bar click “Make a Transfer” (desktop), or on bottom menu tap "Transfer" (mobile). You can also connect your non-LAFCU accounts for External Transfers.
Travel Notice setting:
• In the top menu bar click the 3 dots (desktop) or on bottom menu tap More (mobile), then click "Travel Notice.”
Visa & Debit Cards
• In the top menu bar click the 3 dots (desktop) or on bottom menu tap More (mobile), click "Alerts," then click "Cards” (desktop) or click “Subscription Alerts” then “Cards” (mobile).
• Control access by Region, Merchant & Transaction Type, Lock/Unlock card usage, & set spending limits.
This is a secure, free, service that can help you better manage expenses.
- Schedule payments for each payee anytime online or with our free Mobile app.
- Modify, add or delete your personal payee list
- Set up one-time and recurring payments
- Set up to receive eBills (if your payee offers it)
- View payment histor
Easily send money electronically 24/7 to anyone if you have their email address, mobile phone number, and their checking or savings account information. Just sign up for PayPal and Venmo and follow the instructions.
Move money between your LAFCU accounts and your accounts at other financial institutions.
- Set up your external account once.
- To sign up, log into Online Banking, and go to “Make a Transfer” (desktop) or “Transfer” (mobile). Select “New Transfer” then “Add External Account”
- To set up, you need your account number at the other institution.
The free app was designed specifically for use on mobile devices.
- Download a LAFCU mobile app: APPLE GOOGLE
- Each app is named "Los Angeles Federal Credit Union" & the new icon has our full name on it:
- Register to use the app
- “Touch ID” access available for certain mobile phones
- View account balances and transaction history
- Transfer funds between accounts
- Make loan and credit card payments
- Use Bill Pay to schedule payments for existing or new payees
- “Alert History” in the Alerts section (accessed from the “More” section) shows alerts you had previously set up using online banking.
- Use the “Deposit” feature to quickly and securely deposit paper checks 24/7 into your LAFCU accounts that accept deposits. Just tap “Deposit” from the bottom menu, accept the Terms and Conditions, then follow the on-screen directions. You can later view check images by accessing “Deposit History” after tapping “Deposit” from the bottom menu.
Making Person-To-Person Payments
We encourage you to use your LAFCU Debit card and Credit card to send and receive money using one of several reputable peer-to-peer payment providers such as Venmo® and PayPal®. Basic instructions are below.
• Create an account.
• Under Payment Methods, add your LAFCU Debit or Credit card information.
NOTE: Sending funds with a Debit card is free, while a 3% fee applies to Credit cards.
• Businesses can learn more here.
If you already have a PayPal account:
• Login to your PayPal account and select Wallet.
• Click “Link a card or bank,” and enter your LAFCU card information.
• After verifying your billing address, you’re all set!
• Create an account, and you're ready to go.
* These P2P services may offer you loans or other services from time to time. Before accepting any offer, always remember you have access to special services and loan rates as a valuable LAFCU member. These services are not offered through LAFCU & you should visit each vendor's website for further information.
** We encourage our members to always review LAFCU's products and services within online banking and our website.
*** You are also welcome to schedule an appointment with a LAFCU specialist that is trained to find you the best offer and rate available.