Emergency Relief Services
LAFCU is here to help its members at any time. If you are experiencing an emergency financial situation, our Emergency Relief page has many options for you:
- Skip-A-Payment on Consumer Loans at $30 fee per skip.
- Apply for a Debt Consolidation Loan. Combine your higher-rate loan payments with other lenders into one low payment at LAFCU. Choose “Debt Consolidation” from the “Select a purpose” list.
- Temporary Financial Hardship. Need financial assistance beyond a one month skip-a-pay? Call us at 877-695-2328 (Special Service menu option #) to discuss emergency relief options, including repayment plans, reduced payments, modifications, deferments, forbearance plans, an emergency loan, and other options.
- Apply for an Emergency Loan. Personal Unsecured loan up to $5,000. Choose “Emergency” from the “Select a purpose” list.
- Apply for a Share Savings-Secured Loan. Borrow funds up to the amount you have on deposit in your Savings or Share-Certificate account. Select “Other” from the “Select a purpose” list.
Access to Funds
LAFCU Mobile app: Available free for Apple and Google operating systems. Use the app to:
- Apply for a loan
- Deposit PAPER check instead of visiting a branch
- Locate ATMs and Shared Branches
- Make a branch appointment
- Pay bills
- Place Alerts, Locks and Blocks on a credit card and debit card
- Place a “stop payment” on a check
- Review loan, credit card and savings account balances, transactions and history
- Transfer funds between accounts
- Withdraw funds by getting a paper check mailed to you
Mobile and Online Banking: Register for Online Banking from our website. Then conduct transactions on your account, securely email any questions, locate local and nationwide ATMs and Shared Branches, apply for a loan, open an account, make a branch appointment, pay bills, deposit paper checks (from mobile), set up and manage alerts for your account and credit cards, view statements, set travel notices on your credit card, place check stop-payments, set and manage savings goals, conduct a financial health checkup, and view a spending forecast.
Mobile Wallet: Prior to shopping in stores (and to avoid handling cash or credit cards), download Apple Pay, Google Pay, or Samsung Pay into your mobile phone’s mobile wallet, then link it to your LAFCU debit card and/or credit card. Enjoy a contactless payment experience with this wallet by holding your phone above the store’s card reader.
ATM access: Need access to cash? We have 30,000 local and national ATMs through the CO-OP network with no fee, including LAFCU ATMs at branches and other LA city locations. Get cash back when visiting a grocery store.
Visit the “Contact Us” page, then in the “Ask a Question” section, choose “Skip A Payment’ in the “Please select from List” dropdown menu. There is a $30 fee per skip beginning October 1, 2021.
Visit Access to Funds on this Emergency Relief page.
Read about how we are helping members obtain emergency relief in the “Financial Assistance” section, including skip-a-pay and special loan programs.
Certain government agencies have programs specifically for those impacted by the Coronavirus.
Due to the high number of loans we are processing, it might take us two business days to respond to you. Please be patient, your requests are very important to us.
Yes, call us and ask how we can help you when you need an emergency loan. Read about all the ways we are helping our members in the “Financial Assistance” section of this website.
I got a call, email or text message from someone saying they represented LAFCU related to Coronavirus help, and they asked me for personal information. I have not previously inquired about a loan or financial assistance. What should I do?
Do not provide any information. These emails and phone calls are not from LAFCU since we do not make calls or send emails asking for personal information. Be aware of “phishing”-type emails or phone calls, especially now during this Coronavirus pandemic. “Phishing” happens when someone pretends to be an actual company who tries to persuade you to provide information, then use it to access your credit union accounts. If you believe you are being “phished,” hang up the phone. If you think you provided data to a “phisher,” contact us immediately and also set up free Alerts on your accounts.
If you suffer a loss due to cancelled or interrupted travel, contact the vendor first, then contact us if you need more help.
- ATM access fees waived at LAFCU ATMs and 30,000 CO-OP ATMs. Find a location near you.
- Early withdrawal penalty fees waived on our Share Savings Certificates.
Debt Repayment Calculator
LAFCU’s Debt Repayment Calculator can be a good first step to take before pursuing debt consulting services. See how long it will take to pay off your debt depending on your monthly payments.