To keep your online & mobile banking accounts safe, we follow industry standards of multi-factor authentication to protect you from unauthorized withdrawals or activity. You also can also take additional steps to protect your accounts such as avoiding phishing scams, monitoring your transactions and reporting fraud immediately when you see it.
- Never respond to emails, phone calls or text messages, asking you to confirm, update or provide account information.
- Monitor your transactions online and set up account alerts.
- Create unique PINs and passwords not easily identifiable.
- If your card is misplaced or stolen, FREEZE YOUR DEBIT OR CREDIT CARD or SET FRAUD ALERTS on your account
How to Report Fraud
If you receive a suspicious email or telephone call clamming to be from LAFCU requesting sensitive information, DO NOT reply, click any of the links, or return the call. Contact our Member Services department immediately at (877) 695-2328:
- If you believe one of your accounts has been compromised or you suspect fraud.
- To report suspicious activity and ensure that your accounts are in order.
Beware of Common Fraud Scams
- Phishing: a malicious attack that uses email to solicit your personal information. Vishing: uses the phone to obtain your personal information.
- Smishing: from “SMS”-ing, the scam targets your text messages.
- Card Skimming: utilizes “skimming” devices inside or on top of card reader at ATMs, and gas stations card readers.