Members ages 60 and over enjoy free checking, waived fees and higher yields at LAFCU. Here’s a look at other benefits that come with senior accounts:
- "Free Checking" account with no fees, and no minimum balance or conditions
- No-fee transactions at 30,000 nationwide "CO-OP" ATMs, including over 5,500 7-Eleven stores
- Debit card replacement: one per year
- Box of LAFCU checks: one per year
- Temporary paper checks: first eight free for new checking accounts
- Account history information
- Statement retrieval and copies: last 90 days
- Notary: one per month
- Medallion Signature Guarantee: one per year
- Cashier's Check: one per month
- Outgoing domestic wire transfer: one per month
- IRA opening fee and annual fee: waived
- Virtual or in-person consultation with a LAFCU Investment Services Representative
Other Benefits for Seniors
- Senior Share Certificates ($1,000 minimum) and Senior Jumbo Share Certificates ($100,000 minimum) available with higher yields than our regular Share Certificates and Jumbo Share Certificates
- Reduced costs for CoinStar coin processing (3%)
Investment Advisory Services
Let LAFCU help you plan for life’s important milestones, like saving for your dream home, financing your child’s education, or building retirement savings. Our investment services program, available through CUSO Financial Services L.P. (CFS),1 provides solutions for every stage of your financial life. We provide investment services such as 401(k) and 457 rollovers, education funding, estate planning strategies, long-term care insurance, retirement accounts, stocks and bonds and more.
We offer investment management and retirement planning services near you.
LAFCU’s Investing Calculators can help you choose a wealth management plan and learn how to save for retirement so you can reach your financial goals.