Credit Union Membership
Becoming a member of Los Angeles Federal Credit Union (LAFCU) gives you many benefits, including low-rate loans, savings options, a Free Checking account, Relationship Rewards discounts, easy account access and lots of low-cost or free financial services. Since 1936 we have served residents in the Greater Los Angeles metropolitan area as a not-for-profit, full-service financial institution.
To establish your LAFCU membership you need to first open a Regular Share Savings account with the following:
- $10 minimum opening deposit ($5 savings account deposit plus a one-time $5 LAFCU membership fee).
- Plus a $10 LACA membership fee if you are eligible to join through the LOS ANGELES CHARITABLE ASSOCIATION.
- A $50 minimum balance must be maintained in this account after six months from the date you joined LAFCU or a monthly fee applies.
Other Account-Opening Requirements
- Provide your California driver’s license or ID, Social Security Number, and information about income.
- A “ChexSystems” and hard-hit on your credit will be run.
- You must be a resident in the Greater Los Angeles metropolitan area.