Credit Union Membership
Becoming a member of Los Angeles Federal Credit Union (LAFCU) gives you many benefits, including low-rate loans, savings options, a Free Checking account, Relationship Rewards discounts, easy account access and lots of low-cost or free financial services. Since 1936 we have served residents in the Greater Los Angeles metropolitan area as a not-for-profit, full-service financial institution.
To establish your LAFCU membership you need to first open a Regular Share Savings account with the following:
- $10 minimum opening deposit ($5 savings account deposit plus a one-time $5 LAFCU membership fee).
- Plus a $10 LACA membership fee if you are eligible to join through the LOS ANGELES CHARITABLE ASSOCIATION.
You can join LAFCU through LACA if you live in the “Greater Los Angeles, California Metropolitan Area" (the counties of Los Angeles, Orange, Ventura, Riverside, or San Bernardino).
A $50 minimum balance must be maintained in this account after six months from the date you joined LAFCU or a monthly fee applies.
Other Account-Opening Requirements
- Provide your California driver’s license or ID, Social Security Number, and information about income.
- A “ChexSystems” and hard-hit on your credit will be run.
- You must be a resident in the Greater Los Angeles metropolitan area.