As of 3-27-23
Jack C. Mathews Scholarship Fund Application for Students
To be eligible for the scholarship, you must:
- Be a current member of Los Angeles Federal Credit Union (but not a LAFCU employee nor a family member of an employee)
- Be a high school student graduating in 2023 who will attend a college, university or trade school in Fall 2023, or be a student currently attending a college, university or trade school.
- Have a minimum 2.50 GPA
The following items are needed to be considered for a scholarship:
- A copy of applicant’s most recent academic transcripts.
- One letter of recommendation, from a teacher, mentor, or a concerned adult who is not related to the applicant.
- A list of extracurricular activities or honors.
- An outline of community service or involvement
- Verification of acceptance and/or enrollment into an accredited college or trade school
- Write a typed, one-page double-spaced essay, on the following question:
What is your college major and why did you choose it? How would you apply what you will learn from your field of study to improving society and your community?
- Submit your application online along with all required documents.
- Alternately, you could choose to email your application & all documentation in PDF format to morozco@LAFCU.org by the deadline.
All entries must be submitted online or emailed by April 30, 2023.
The LAFCU scholarship selection committee will make all award decisions and the winners will be notified by May 19, 2023.
For questions, call (877) MY LAFCU, ext. 6466 or e-Mail: morozco@LAFCU.org.
A maximum of 5 scholarships for $2,000 each will be awarded for a total of $10,000.