As of 9-26-22
Social Media Policy
Los Angeles Federal Credit Union (LAFCU) has created a page on Facebook and other social media sites (i.e., Instagram, Snap Chat, Twitter, and YouTube) as a way to interact with members, foster a sense of community, and discuss topics related to our products and services. We follow our internal policies related to member security and information. We are committed to a transparent and honest social media flow, and will not create "fake" destinations and posts designed to mislead followers and control a conversation. Every website, "fan page", or other online destination that is ultimately controlled by us will make that fact known to users and must be authorized by us.
- Posts must be courteous and respectful towards others on our Social Media sites.
- All comments will be reviewed and we may remove any posts that we deem to be derogatory, defamatory, profane, indecent, obscene, discriminatory or hateful in any manner, threatening, inflammatory, harassing, off topic, spam, personal attacks, illegal, offensive, or those that are private or confidential, or any comment that is deemed to be inappropriate.
- Posts must be in text format from someone over age 13.
- Posts must not include any false, misleading, or fraudulent information.
- Members who post photos directly on a LAFCU Social Media page will not be accepted unless specifically requested for a contest or other business-related purpose. In these instances, pictures will be reviewed and removed if inappropriate.
- Posts must not include any material that is someone else’s intellectual property, such as copyrighted work, without the owner’s permission. By posting material, including comments, photos, video, or other content on our Social Media sites, the poster provides LAFCU permission to use such content, including republishing or redistributing the content.
- Posts or comments intending to sell a product or service not deriving from official LAFCU personnel or those intending to divert traffic to a particular website for personal or monetary gain will not be permitted, and this includes spam.
- All comments are monitored, but not controlled. At our sole discretion we reserve the right to remove a post we deem inappropriate. We do not endorse any comments made by our employees, unless they are an authorized representative of LAFCU.
- Private or financially-sensitive information will never be requested through Facebook. Members should not disclose information, such as account usernames and numbers, passwords, PINs, social security numbers, or account details on the Facebook page. Please inform us immediately at (877) MY LAFCU (695-2328) if you receive such a request through any of our Social Media sites.
- Except for posting winner names as related to, or identified with, giveaways, contests, or other promotions, we will not post identifiable member information on any Social Media page.
- We do not validate assertions or statements in the comments. All statements and viewpoints expressed are strictly those of the commenter alone, and do not constitute an official position of LAFCU, unless posted by one of our authorized representatives.
- All rights reserved: LAFCU reserves the right to edit, delete move or mark as spam any and all comments, and also has the right to block access to any one group from commenting, or from the page.
- LAFCU may, from time to time, post content that includes links to third party websites because we think some information that can be found on such websites may be helpful. Please note that we do not promote or endorse all of the views of such third party websites nor can we vouch for the security of their websites. We are also not held responsible for their privacy policies or practices.
- Any specific questions and inquiries regarding LAFCU products or services should be directed to our member services department at (877) MY LAFCU (695-2328) or via EMAIL or at a LAFCU branch, since our Social Media sites will only provide a forum for general information regarding LAFCU.
- All comments on our Facebook page, or on any of other Social Media sites where members of the public can post comments, are the responsibility of the commenter, not LAFCU. By submitting a comment on any of these sites, you agree that the comment content is your own, and to hold this site and all subsidiaries and representatives harmless from any and all repercussions, damages or liabilities. LAFCU reserves the right to change guidelines at any time at its sole discretion and will keep current guidelines online.