Most credit cards at other financial institutions come with high interest rates and fees costing you hundreds or thousands of dollars over the life of the card. At LAFCU, you’ll get a no-annual-fee, no-transaction fee, low variable-rate card that will help you save on everyday purchases. Each new card has a low introductory rate, and has access to online purchase safety with Verified by Visa (free registration is required).The Platinum card includes the protection of an EMV “chip & PIN” feature embedded in the card.
By October 2015, merchants will replace their current credit card terminals that only read data on the card’s magnetic stripe with terminals that read both the new card’s chip and the stripe. This card works inside a physical store when 1) the merchant’s card terminal correctly reads encrypted data about the cardholder from the card’s computer chip, and 2) depending on the merchant, the member may need to also authenticate the card by entering it’s PIN on the terminal’s keypad OR by signing for the transaction
- Credit limit $50,000.
- 2.90% introductory APR for purchases and balance transfers the first six months, then variable rates currently from 6.99% APR*
- Card benefits include: Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost/Stolen Card Reporting, Travel & Emergency Assistant Services, Warranty Manager Service, and Zero Liability for Fraudulent Transactions.
- Share-Secured Platinum non-variable Visa credit card also available.
- Transaction Alerts: You can be sent a text message and/or email whenever certain types of transactions occur with the card that you designated. Sign up for this free service inside e-Branch by clicking on the card's name to reach the online Visa card information page. Click “Communications” on the left then “Visa Transactions Alerts,” then fill in the alert parameters.
* APR = Annual Percentage Rate. 2.9% APR is earned if a qualifying transaction is conducted within 90 days after LAFCU opens the card. The "first six months" begins the date of the first qualifying transaction.