Click to Apply
Main Card Features
- $1,000 credit limit
- Fixed Rates from 12.65% APR*
- The perfect first card for qualifying students
- Available to LAFCU members age 18 or older, or a current High School senior 18 or older who has been accepted to attend college
- Each applicant must provide verification of full-time enrollment at a college (12 units or more at an accredited 2 or 4 year college), and verification of a "2.0" minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA)
- College freshmen who have not yet finished a full quarter or semester, or High School seniors must provide verification of a "2.0" GPA or higher. School enrollment and GPA verification can include transcripts, current grade reports, or documents from the office of financial aid, registrar or admissions.
- Each applicant must show a willingness to pay and all of their credit obligations must be current
- Click to apply 24/7 for a card
- Click to order a custom "Design Your Own Card" image on your current LAFCU card (you can order an image after you have a card for at least 30 days)
Other Card Features
- 2.9% APR reduced introductory rate for the first six months
- Monthly payments as low as 3% of your unpaid balance
- No annual fees or transaction fees
- A true 25-day grace period before finance charges apply on new purchases (if the previous Visa statement balance was paid in full)
- Cash advances from any financial institution displaying the Visa logo for a modest fee
- EZ Pay automatic payment service from any LAFCU (or non-LAFCU) savings or checking account
- 24/7 balance inquires through e-Link Visa or by calling (866) 820-2911 (English), (800) 334-7728 (Spanish), (800) 221-7728 (TDD/Hearing impaired), from outside the US call collect (410) 581-9994
- For a list of countries with restricted Visa card use, call (800) 847-2911
- Free Visa e-Statement instead of paper
- Free vehicle rental insurance and travel accident & baggage delay insurance
- "Life, Disability & Unemployment" Group Credit Card insurance: Available for purchase by cardholders under age 66 and pays benefit in the event of death, disability or involuntary unemployment. Details provided when you receive a card.
- "Verified by Visa" secures your card transactions when shopping online. Click to read more & click to register for this FREE service.
- To activate a new card call (800) 527-7728, and to report a card lost or stolen, call (866) 820-2911
- Click to read card disclosure.
* APR = Annual Percentage Rate. APR will increase to 17.90% on your entire Account balance and continue for 6 consecutive months if payment is delinquent for 2 or more consecutive cycles. Initial APR is based on credit/underwriting criteria.