"Closed-End Consumer Loan" Rates*
Our rates are known for being low…yet there are ways to make them even lower (1% maximum). "Closed-End Consumer Loan Rates" include boats, cars, motorcycles, personal computers, RVs, trucks, "Personaline" lines of credit and Signature loans:
- Apply Online: Reduce your rate by an additional 0.125% (⅛ percent) by applying online using e-Loan Express.**
- Automatic Transfer: Receive 0.50% (1/2 percent) loan rate discount for loan payments made with Automatic Transfer
- ShopLA: Receive 0.50% (1/2 percent) loan rate discount if you or LAFCU Auto Buying Service (LABS) buys your new or used vehicle at a dealer in Los Angeles, CA and you finance it at LAFCU.
- V.I.P. Discount: Get up to an additional 0.375% (⅜ percent) loan rate reduction based on your VIP rewards account level.**
- VISA CURewards: Get up to an additional 0.50% (½ percent) loan rate reduction by redeeming CURewards points earned with your LAFCU Visa® Platinum Plus credit card **
Vehicle "Hybrid/Fuel Efficient" Discount*:
When Financing a qualified "hybrid " gas/electric vehicle and/or if the vehicle gets 29 or more highway miles per gallon (according to the manufacturer´s sticker or www.FuelEconomy.gov).
Vehicle "Payment Shaver" Financing Option*:
If you want a lower vehicle loan payment, we can reduce it by extending the loan term. For example: a $25,000 vehicle loan at 6.5% Annual Percentage Rate (APR) has a monthly payment of $490 with a 60 month term, or $420 with a 72 month term, providing a $70 lower monthly payment. The maximum term for vehicle loans financed under $20,000 is 72 months.
Vehicle "Used at New Rates":
Get our lower new vehicle loan rate on USED vehicles that have under 75,000 miles and are the current model year (2013) or the three prior model years (2010, 2011 & 2012).
Vehicle "New" Loan Rate Special (valid until further notice):
For members with A or A+ credit at LAFCU, and no other rate discounts apply...1.99% APR** for 24 months, 2.99% APR for 36 or 48 months, or 3.99% APR for 60 months.
Vehicle "Rate Beater" program*:
If you´re approved for fixed-rate financing with a vehicle dealership at a lower rate than at LAFCU, we´ll beat that rate by 0.25% (¼ percent). Conditions apply ... ask us for details.
Refinance your higher-rate loans and credit card balances into lower-rate LAFCU loans or a credit card. Contact us for more info.
Loan payments can easily be made by:
- Automatic Transfer
- Payroll deduction
- Mailing a payment to LAFCU
- Scheduling a payment online with e-Bill Pay
- Transferring funds online with e-Branch
- Transfers at an ATM
- Telephone with VoiceTel-24
- Visiting a CU Service Center (Shared Branch)
- Visiting a LAFCU branch
Our deposit accounts pay very competitive dividends:
- Earn our highest Share Savings yields on balances of $1,000 and over
- Longer term Share Certificates have higher yields than shorter term
- Earn our highest Share Certificate yields on $100,000 and over
- Earn our highest Money Market yields on balances of $50,000 and over
Click to read about the many beneficial features of our Checking accounts, including earning dividends and free boxes of checks.
* Applies to new loan applications only and is not available on refinances of existing LAFCU loans. These discounts can be used in any combination. No other discounts or promotional vehicle loan rates can be used with these three discounts, and other restrictions may apply. Maximum vehicle loan discount is one percent (1%). ** Annual Percentage Rate. As of June 1, 2012, the approximate monthly payment per $1,000 borrowed is $43 for a new or used vehicle at 100% financing (ask us for complete details). The APR quoted does not apply to refinances of existing LAFCU loans. If you opt for and are approved to have any payments delayed, interest will accrue on the loan balance. Rates are based on the term, collateral, down payment, account relationship and credit history. All loans are subject to credit-granting criteria. Rates, terms, and conditions are subject to change without notice. You must be a LAFCU member to obtain credit.