For LAFCU members preparing to start college or attending college, LAFCU offers the "Jack C. Mathews College Scholarship Fund" to help offset the increasing cost of education amidst a challenging economy. This scholarship honors Mr. Mathews who retired from the LAFCU Board in 2011 after 34 years of dedicated service.
- A high school senior with a 2.5 GPA+ who will graduate in 2013, then attend a college, university or trade school.
- A college, university or trade school student with a 2.5 GPA+ who will attend school in Fall 2013.
Based on the essay, extracurricular activities and community service of eligible applicants, LAFCU will award four scholarships at $1,000 each. The application with complete rules is located below. Please print this webpage, or cut and paste it into a word processing document, then fill it out. You can also click to download a PDF version of this application.
The deadline for LAFCU to receive all applications is April 30, 2013 and the winners will be notified by May 15, 2013. If you are a high school senior under age 18 who is not yet a LAFCU member, ask your parent or guardian to call us to open your membership prior to filling out and submitting the application.
The deadline when LAFCU must receive all applications is April 30, 2013. The LAFCU scholarship selection committee will make all award decisions and the winners will be notified by May 15, 2013. For questions, call (877) MY LAFCU (695-2328), ext. 6457, or email: email@example.com.
Mail you application along with all required documents to:
Scholarship Committee (c/o Mktg Dept)
Los Angeles Federal Credit Union
P.O. Box 53032
Los Angeles, CA 90053-0032
Student´s (applicant´s) Name: _____________________________________________________________
.............................................First................... Middle Initial............. Last
Address: __________________________________________________________________ Apt#: ________
City: ________________________________________ State: _________________ Zip: _______________
Telephone # (_____) _____________________ e-Mail: ______________________________
Name(s) on LAFCU Account: ______________ Account #: _________ Birthdate: ___/___/___
Current High School or College: ____________________________________________________
School Address: _____________________ City: __________ State: ____ Zip ______
Grade Point Average: _____ SAT Score (if available): ______ ACT Score (if avail.): _______
Name of University, College, or Trade School you plan to Attend: __________________________________
Proposed Field of Study: ___________________________________________________
- A copy of applicant´s most recent academic transcripts.
- One letter of recommendation, which may come from a teacher, mentor, or a concerned adult who is not related to applicant.
- A list of extracurricular activities or honors.
- An outline of community service or involvement.
- Verification of acceptance and/or enrollment in an accredited college, university or trade school.
- Write a typed, four-page, double-spaced essay on the following question (Be advised that your essay may be used in full or part, in any way, by Los Angeles Federal Credit Union):
Credit unions are a well-established and reliable alternative to other financial institutions yet not everyone
is aware of the many beneficial services of credit unions. How would you convey to your peers and family
members the many advantages inherent in credit union membership?
Signature of Applicant (Student): ___________________________________________________________
Signature of Parent or Guardian (if student is under 18): ________________________________________
FOR LAFCU USE ONLY: Date received_______________ Rcvd by____________________