To lower the cost of your holiday purchases, we have reduced the rate of your LAFCU Visa credit card during two crucial weeks, including Black Friday, Cyber Monday, and the week before Christmas.
From November 27 to December 3 and December 18 to 24, the rate on any fixed-rate LAFCU Visa is reduced 25% on purchases made over these two weeks...and this rate remains on all balances you accrued with your card during this time. For example, if your current rate is 10% APR**, the special rate would be just 7.5% APR. The 25% reduction is not applicable to variable-rate LAFCU Visa or new cards opened after May 1, 2013.
**Purchases made during the two promotional weeks in 2013 will show up separately from other non-promo balances on your monthly Visa statement. Purchases made before or after the promo weeks will be the same rate your card had prior to these weeks.
Help a child this holiday season by supporting LAFCU’s Annual Toys for Tots Drive. Through Friday, December 13, donate a new, unwrapped toy at any LAFCU Branch. For over 18 years, LAFCU has partnered with the U.S. Marines Corps Reserves Toys for Tots Program to bring thousands of holiday toys to needy children in the Southern California area.
Thank you in advance for your donation.
Learn more about Toys for Tots
Effective October 28, 2013
As a result of new regulatory changes implemented by Section 1073 of the Dodd-Frank Act, Los Angeles Federal Credit Union (LAFCU, or “we”) is required to provide you with certain information when you request a transfer of funds from your U.S. consumer account to any account outside the United States. The information below explains important changes effective with your outgoing foreign wire transfer requests received on or after October 28, 2013:
• We are required to provide you with specific disclosure information, which you are required to acknowledge.
• We may require additional information from you with regard to the beneficiary bank or credit union, such as:
...The form of currency maintained at the beneficiary bank or credit union, such as U.S. dollars or local currency of the Financial Institution; and
...BIC number for the beneficiary bank or credit union.
Here’s how these changes will impact you:
• The time for accepting outgoing foreign wire transfer requests is Monday through Friday 9:00am to 12:30pm. Outgoing foreign wire transfer requests cannot be accepted outside of this timeframe.
• Outgoing foreign wire transfer requests will be accepted on an in-person basis, and only at one of the six LAFCU branches.
• The time to process a wire transfer request could be longer, due to new disclosures that must be acknowledged in writing by the sender; therefore, all requests, foreign or domestic, will be handled by a LAFCU Member Services Representative.
...No pre-authorized wires can be accepted as a result of new disclosure requirements.
• We will continue to offer wire transfer service to many countries. However, as a result of these changes, we may not be able to support all countries and currencies.
• We cannot establish or process recurring or one-time foreign wire requests to be sent on a future date.
Inaccurate information may cause delays, or result in our inability to process your request as submitted.
To ensure the accuracy of your request, and to expedite processing, wire transfer forms are downloadable and can be completed in advance. Please complete then print the online form to ensure legibility, and to expedite the processing of your request.
For questions about the changes applicable to processing outgoing international wire transfer requests, contact us Monday to Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm at (877) MY LAFCU (695-2328).