"Interest" Checking Account Features:
- Competitive Dividends are earned on balance of $1,000 and above
- No minimum balance requirement*
- No per-check fees
- Unlimited check writing
- Receive one free box of standard LAFCU checks upon opening of a Checking account, then, upon request, one free box of these checks every calendar year ( only for members with a Premier, Premier-55, or Premier Plus account ). Other check styles are available for a fee.
- Fee-free access at any LAFCU ATM
- Account access at thousands of nationwide Shared Branches
- Surcharge-free account access at thousands of nationwide CO-OP ATMs
- Free e-Statements make accessing account transactions easy and 24/7.
- Free e-Branch online account access
- Free e-Bill Pay
- Free e-Check Images (online viewing of your cleared checks through e-Branch)
- Free TouchTel -24 access
- Enjoy additional benefits with our three V.I.P. accounts
- Contact us to open a checking account
"Second Chance" Checking Account
Everyone deserves a second chance...and that is why we offer "Second Chance" checking with ATM card privileges. You may qualify if you're unable to qualify for our regular checking account, due to a negative "ChexSystem" rating or excessive Non-Sufficient Funds check overdrafts. There is low monthly fee if you have Direct Deposit, or a higher fee without it. Direct Deposit is any recurring monthly check, including pay, retiree, and Social Security. Your "Second Chance" account will be converted to our no-monthly fee checking account if you keep it in "good standing" for 12 consecutive months.This account also earns dividends on balances of $1,000 and above.
Click here. All checking accounts are cleared through ChexSystems. Disclosures will be provided when you open your account.
If you have ever written a check (or used your Check Card) for more than was available in your Checking account, then sign up for ODP. This service helps protect your check writing and Check Card usage privileges by automatically transferring funds from your Share Savings, Money Market, or "Personaline" Line of Credit to pay checks and items that would otherwise be
considered NSF (Non-Sufficient Funds).
With ODP, you will:
- Select from which LAFCU account(s) the funds will be transferred
- Pay a low transfer fee per check or item paid, based on your VIP program level, each time funds are transferred
- Avoid the risk and embarrassment of costly merchant and financial institution fees
This service helps if you make an honest mistake in your checkbook, have unplanned expenses, run short on cash between paydays, or don´t have funds available in accounts for automatic transfer through our ODP service. Instead of returning items unpaid, LAFCU may automatically pay them, up to your Courtesy Pay limit.
To qualify, your Checking account must be open for 60 days with Direct Deposit and maintained in good standing. Our standard Courtesy Pay program is offered at our discretion for a low fee and it does not require your affirmative consent for checks, ACH items or recurring debits. However, you must tell us if you want us to cover ATM and one-time debit card (Check Card) transactions. Click to sign up.
Click for details about our Overdraft Protection and Courtesy Pay services.
* There is a checking account fee of $5 per month, or no fee if you are: age 25 or under, or 55 or older, or have at least $1,000 average monthly balance in a LAFCU Checking account, or have at least $5,000 or more in aggregate household deposits (in LAFCU checking, savings and loan accounts), or if you have a monthly e-Statement for your LAFCU Checking account and have direct deposit of any recurring check into a LAFCU Checking account.