Our "Live Chat" service allows anyone with Internet access (except from a device using any Macintosh operating system [including Apple iMac, iPad tablet, or iPhone], or any computer without Java installed) to conduct "chat" typed conversations with a designated live "agent" in our Telephone Center.
- Chat hours are Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm.
- Chat is NOT available on holidays and these special times:
Dates Times Nov 4 8am to 9am Nov 6 8am to 9am Nov 111 All Day Nov 12 8am to 9am Nov 14 8am to 9am Nov 18 8am to 9am Nov 20 8am to 9am Nov 25 8am to 9am Nov 27-282 All Day
1 LAFCU is closed in observance of Veterans Day
2 LAFCU is closed in observance of Thanksgiving
Due to privacy and security concerns, no account, member-related, or loan status information can or will be discussed during a chat. Please call us at (877) MY LAFCU (695-2328) by phone to review such information.
- Click the "Live Chat" link on our website. If you have a detailed question to ask, it will save you time if, before you click the link, type your question in a word processing program & run spell-check first, then copy and paste it into the chat.
- A Chat pop-up "window" appears. If a LAFCU chat agent is available, you will see a greeting on the screen from the agent.
- After you type or paste a question in the chat window, the agent will try to answer it quickly. If the answer is one we already have in our library of summarized responses, the agent will quickly paste the answer into the window. If the question requires further research, you'll be asked to either hold and wait for an answer, or the agent will ask for your email or phone number so you can be contacted later.
- After the agent confirms your questions have been answered successfully, you or the agent can end the chat session by clicking the Disconnect button. If you want a copy of the session, you can easily copy the text from the chat window and paste it into a word processing document.